Wednesday 26 March 2014

Training for Texas


After the cross season, I took a bit of down time before starting my triathlon training. It didn’t really go to plan as I suffered a knee injury, I don’t really know how I did it, but i struggled to run and ride for a few weeks, however on the upside I kept my swimming up maintaining a decent fitness level. My knee has almost recovered and I have been putting in some endurance base work on my new team road bike.


The Cannondale Evo is super smooth and an excellent piece of kit I would highly recommend to any cyclist or triathlete out there.  My first tri race is Ironman 70.3 Texas, it’s a really flat windy course on the coast of Galveston. I normally opt for hilly triathlon, but thought Texas will be a great place to practice some of my weakness, I hope the distance on the flat will help increase my power and TT skills. Running training is ticking over nicely now and am looking forward to doing some open water swimming out in Texas.

Once I’m back me and Phoebe are helping out with some women’s specific coaching sessions for road and circuit racing, it will be great to get involved in increasing participation and hopefully encourage some more events for ladies around the Derbyshire area. I also did a Breeze Leadership the other weekend, so it will be great to get some rides organised to increase participation at grass roots level.

Di xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment