Monday 5 March 2012

My 2012 season goals

This season I wanna go rad-sick-big. I'm not too fussed about winning races, I mean, I guess I'd be pissed off if I didn't win a couple of local DH races, or hold my own at the track, but mostly I just want to enjoy my riding and pushing my limits. That said, my race calendar is pretty jam packed.

A year ago I learnt how to jump properly and since then have just started going bigger and bigger, I'm into all sorts, soft, large, free ride gap jumps, or chimney shaped, dirt-jump doubles. I want to get tricks nailed. I can do a one-hander occasionally, and tiny no-footers, I can back flip fully rotated into a foam pit. But I want to get a big long list of tricks. And  I want to be able to jump big and fast.

I like it.

I don't want to crash too much, I want to learn progressively and understand the progression. I'm not fearless, but can push myself once I've analised it. Obviously, you can't eliminate all risk, and I guess injuries will happen.

But I'm tough.

I want to get my sprint back on the track and have some general fitness back again too. I want to be fit so that if in the future I get really ill, I'll be one of those strong people who can handle the medicine and fight the illness. You hear about outdoorsy people like that. At the moment I drink too much, am too skinny and probably have an average resting heart rate. So I'm going to race track once or twice a week and hang out there in the grass with my friends getting a tan.

Mostly I'll be prioritising work. Riding is my hobby, it's my fun thing. Yeah, I owe something to my sponsors, but that doesn't have to take the fun out of it. If a work commitment comes up  or I'm tired because I've been working a lot, it's OK, I just won't ride. If I don't want to I don't have to. So that means I'll only ride when I want to and it'll never be a chore.

I like that.

I'm going to do lots of Gravity enduro races too. If I'm any good I'll probably get fired up to feel competitve again, but we'll see......
I want to support my team mates at some of the big road events too. Road racing, that's PROPER racing innit. Nothing beats the atmosphere at something like the Smithfield Nocturne. So I'll be holding their hands, cheering them on and feeling proud.



Anna G xx

Anna G

No comments:

Post a Comment